Monday, June 24, 2013

Mindfulness Challenge: Week Three: Patience

I have missed a week; and, to you my readers, I apologize. It has been an interesting experience for me making this realization. My mood has gone from anger, to guilt, to reluctance to recommitment. It has allowed me an opportunity to practice acceptance, being non-judgmental, and most of all, now patience. Mostly patience with myself.

In our lives which may oftentimes be filled with busy, chaotic events, we may easily overlook the value of patience in our journey of accomplishment. Patience allows us the time to choose not to be reactive and instead, responsive. This in turn allows other possibilities to arise. Practicing patience allows us from succumbing to doubt, discouragement and fear.

This week's challenge: allow yourself so calm in the face of adverse and trying situations by practicing patience. Allow yourself to see the moment exactly for what it is and practice a non-reactive answer to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment